Cleaning refers to an activity to make a workstation a place, area or an item free
Torn between Cleansing & Cleaning?
What is the difference? Is cleaning not clean enough or is cleansing cleaner?
They are actually quite similar in meaning. But when one says Cleanse its nearly always referring to a more thorough and detailed clean. So, Sertu is a form of cleansing. It is both physically clean and symbolically.
CLEANING SERVICES QUOTES
Please use the contact form below to get in touch with us.
We will respond within 3 days.
SERTU cleansing or Shariah halal ritual cleansing, cleansing of severe najs requires three basic elements namely: 1) water; 2) soil or agent of cleansing; 3) procedure of
Here is a simple breakdown of categories.
This is the basic cleaning that everyone goes thru on a daily basis. Actions such as showering, brushing one’s teeth and such. While a hygienic cleansing will probably be more of a deep cleaning process such as scrubbing or teeth scaling.
- Holistic Cleaning/Cleansing
This is both cleansing and cleaning for holistic purposes such as Wudhu’, Junub, Istinjak and such.
- Sertu or Islamic Cleansing (Purification Cleaning/Cleansing)
This is a method that owes a symbolic purpose as required by Islam to purify and cleanse one’s body, items or area. It involves cleaning physically the najis (touch, hair, particles, excrement, sweat, saliva etc) and then cleansing symbolically(Sertu).
Applies to most things; clothing or accessories as well as houses and vehicle even. If the said body part, area, rooms, items or location were to be in contact with a dog or pig which in Islam is categorized as (Heavy Najis) sertu cleansing(Purification Cleansing) is applied as a means to purify and cleanse. It also provides a peace of mind in faith.
Sertu of houses and premises
When the duty of Sertu is done to a house, in this case a newly bought house that was once occupied by a non-Muslim or a premise that is suspected to be in contact with the 2 types of najis above (Dog or Pig) the process of Sertu will involve all rooms including the kitchen. Any physical najis have to be cleaned prior to the Sertu process. The process can be done before or after renovation if any.
Sertu Process of Cleaning
Cleansing (washing) of the affected area or parts 7 times 1 wash using mutlak water mixed with soil and 6 washes with mutlak water.
- It is required to wash seven times, one of which shall be water mixed with soil;
- The first wash shall be to clear the existence of najs, even if a few washes are needed.
- The water from first cleansing shall not remain behind and the next wash shall be counted as the second wash.
- The amount of soil used is just enough to make a suspension; and
- The usage of cleansing agent-containing soil is permitted.
- This process shall also include controlling the flow and discharge of the cleansing and rinsing water into proper drainage and drains.
Why choose Cleaning Edge services
WHEN CLEAN ABSOLUTELY MATTERS! Cleaning Edge Services is your one-stop professional cleaners. We have many years of cleaning experience in Home, Office and Commercial cleaning services including SERTU cleansing. We understand that hiring a reliable cleaning company is of utmost importance to you, therefore we place a strong emphasis on service quality and customer satisfaction and strive hard to offer excellent cleaning services to our clients with transparency and open communications. Our cleaning team consists of professional cleaners who are dedicated, highly trained and qualified in cleaning your home, office or commercial spaces.
Let us take care of your cleaning so that you can have a peace of mind
Liza Rohini | Pre-School Manager
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
cleansing is more than just cleaning as it involves elements of purification spiritual and religious values and faith.
2) How is SERTU cleansing done?
We follow specific process and steps to ensure the cleansing is done in accordance with Islamic law.
3) Are there any cleaning agents or materials sued?
yes, special cleaning agents are used that is produced in accordance with Islamic law.
4) Are you available within a short period of time?
Contact us in advance. We will pre-arrange for our cleaners to be ready at the scheduled date and time to come over for the cleaning.
1) Will I need to sign a contract?
No contract is needed to be signed.
2) How much will it cost to clean my home?
It will depend on several factors like size and type of your house, frequency of cleaning required, house condition and estimated duration of cleaning.
3) Are there any minimum hours of service per cleaning session?
No there is none. However, based on your size of your house and the type of cleaning you needed, we will recommend the minimum required cleaning hours.
4) What if I have to cancel?
We require a 48-hour notice for any cancellation. Without a 48 hour notice we will have to charge for the full cleaning.
5) Will I always have the same cleaning person?
It is possible to have the same cleaner all the time. Sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances this isn’t possible. We will update you if there is any change in cleaners.
6) Do we have to be home for the cleaning?
We do recommend that someone should be in the house when the cleaners are there.
But if the situation presents as such that no will be around in the house, that is fine with us.
7) What if I need the cleaner to do extra cleaning for me?
Yes, this can be arranged and there will be an additional charge of S$30 for each cleaner for every hour extension.
8) Are we able to customize the cleaning services or the cleaning package?
Yes, you certainly can. We will try our utmost to help you with your cleaning request.
9) What happens if my items are damaged/lost?
Do inform us at once when a damage happens or items are lost. We will render our assistance and cooperate fully